Feb 27, 2010

My little Oko-men (Ultraman) is 2!! Part 1

Emir was born on 28.02.08 and in a blink of an eye he's now turning 2... and of course this entry would be about his birthday cake...

I wanted to bake Emir a choc cakes and am happy with this new recipe I found for this chocolate cake (using butter), it's easy to do and ... yummy to my taste bud. Will add this to my presently limited menu of vanilla cake and chocolate chiffon cake (using vege oil).

From my previous works, you can see that I have only decorates cakes and cupcakes using buttercream (a recipe which I have tried and modified myself to have that "just nice" sweetness) and that due to its consistency, it is very easy for decorating purposes. But for Emir, I wanted to try chocolate frosting for the cake... so I tried this recipe and the taste turns out yummy.

But the thing is I do not like the process of "melting choc" and... the clean up afterwards.. hence the hesitation to try and do "ganache" and such.. but for Emir, mummy wanted to try out something different for his cake....

When I tried this choc frosting, I had imagined the consistency to be similar of buttercream and that I would pipe nice wave-y deco for Emir's cake but it turns out the consistency is very much like "water" ... that's how I would describe it.. but then again once you pour the same unto the cake and your smooth the same... it'll set and and the consistency is fudgy like... that's the best I could describe it to you I guess...

So a bit messy here and there... but the effect on the cake was lovely and it compliments the fondant deco I did for my little Oko-Men...

I achieved what I wanted for Emir's cake:

1. try out a new choc cake recipe - loved it - very easy to do/the texture of the cake is firm and makes it easy to deco/taste yummy to me

2. try out choc frosting instead of my usual buttercream - I like the taste of the same and how it looks on the cake... but I found out that I don't like dealing with "melted choc" because I do not like the process of melting the same (using double boiling method cause I do not have a microwave - I might change my mind if the latter makes the process easier and less messy) and the clean up later...

3. kept the fondant deco.. all sweetness.... just like mommy's little boy...

End of Part 1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails